Have you ever heard wellness experts talk about the many benefits of taking an ice bath? Exposure to extreme cold for a short amount of time drains lactic acid from tired muscles, reduces inflammation, rejuvenates the skin, the mind and the central nervous system.
Now imagine there is an ice bath on steroids, which exposes your body to temperatures between -238°F to -274°F inside a carefully monitored single-person device for just 3 minutes
That is essentially what Cryotherapy is.
Athletes – from Lebron James and Kobe Bryant to Steph Curry and Floyd Mayweather – have used Cryotherapy to heal pain and relieve muscles and stiff joints in their careers, but the service is no longer a trendy option for celebrities only.
Thanks to specialized spas that are now offering the treatment under professional supervision, Cryotherapy is easily accessible to anyone who wants to enjoy the following results from this quick and enervatingly cold treatment session.
10 Benefits Of Cryotherapy
• The treatment improves overall health and wellness and promotes increased levels of energy.
• The skin tone improves after whole-body Cryotherapy. Skin elasticity is increased. Telltale signs of aging are decreased, as is the appearance of cellulite.
• The anti-inflammatory properties of the treatment addresses skin conditions like psoriasis and dermatitis.
• Regular treatments with Cryotherapy improve the functioning of the immune system.
• Stress levels are decreased and sleep disorders are improved.
• Increase in metabolic rate aids in weight loss. The body can burn 500-800 kcals for 5-8 hours after the procedure.
• Cryotherapy can help treat migraines by cooling and numbing nerves in the neck area.
• While more research is needed to evaluate its effectiveness, whole-body Cryotherapy is being explored as a means to help prevent Alzheimer’s and other types of dementia.
• Exposure to extreme cold temperatures also releases endorphins in the body, which triggers a feeling of euphoria and happiness.
• The endorphin rush, in turn, enhances the muscular skeletal system. The release of endorphins alleviates conditions like joint disorder, rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis.
Interested In Finding Out How Cryotherapy Can Help YOU?
Let Us Know!
Hydralive Therapy® provide guests with a comfortable, spa-like experience with services to enhance your healthy lifestyle. Our outstanding staff will assist in your recovery as you relax and re-energize with us at one of our several locations.
* Learn more about Hydralive and locate a Hydralive Clinic close to you by clicking HERE.